Office Manager & EA
DescriptionWe’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
This role is critical! The right person in this role can be the glue that pulls the whole team together and can be the launching pad for great things to come. We’re looking for someone who loves making things happen – who can take ownership over tasks – no matter how big or small – and drive results whether on their own or through collaboration with others. Someone who cares about the details but can also take the initiative to see the bigger picture. Someone who thrives working with others and can bring people together.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership over our working environment – how can it be an accelerant to how quickly we can achieve our goals?
- Help the Founders of the business be effective for example calendar management and helping out on day-to-day tasks
- Design and run efficient amd reliable processes
- Passionate about using technology and processes to empower the team to be effective without needing to ask the Office Manager to do everything
- Champion company culture. For example organising team events and outings such as company lunches and our Christmas party, and remember our birthdays
- Understand what pain-points the team is facing and be proactive with helping fix them
- Support the team with general office administration e.g. dealing with the post and deliveries, stationery cupboard, and other office maintenance
- Work with our external IT support company to ensure we all have the right tools to do our job
Who you are:
- We are looking for a go-getter who is happy to get out of their comfort zone and, most importantly, someone who is eager to learn and grow with the company.
- Great interpersonal skills are a must - you will be the glue that pulls the whole team together. To this end, you must be a people person and an expert at building solid professional relationships. You thrive on solving problems and working closely with people, especially under pressure managing multiple, and often conflicting, priorities at the same time.
- We are a tech-enabled company. As such, it is key you enjoy using technologies and exploring how to leverage them best to help improve efficiency.
- You are passionate about company culture and genuinely care about the well-being of the team around you (be it the CEO or an intern!).
- Trouva is a place where everybody has a seat at the table. We encourage being proactive and taking initiatives. Every role matters, as such think about all the ways you can help us achieve our goals and execute your ideas.
- You are organised and have an exceptional eye for detail, able to juggle calendars and ensuring flawless communication to internal and external stakeholders. When it comes to all the aspects of your role, you are as precise and finical as a geometer.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!