Senior B2B Comms Exec
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC investors whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to the BBC and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What's the role?
We’re looking for an experienced B2B comms and events specialist to engage, educate and delight our Community of independent boutiques. A master of messaging and form across all channels, you’ll plan out and deliver an exceptional communications strategy that elevates us in their minds and in their hearts. Alongside this, you’ll deliver a programme of events that our shops simply cannot (and will not) miss.
What you’ll do
- Own all our channels of B2B communication from weekly email newsletters, to highly targeted push notifications, to compelling lead re-engagement campaigns and everything in between
- Create great content that (i) attracts handpicked boutiques to join Trouva; (ii) keeps our Community abreast of business-critical initiatives and company developments (iii) inspires and enables our shops to realise their commercial potential
- Maintain our growing database of shop contacts and ensure all info is kept up-to-date
- Constantly track, analyse and optimise all of our communication channels to make sure the shops are receiving, appreciating and heeding our messages
- Plan and deliver (with event organiser resource where relevant) a compelling events programme, from small monthly regional educational events to our renowned Annual Global Independent Boutique Awards
- Manage and develop our mutual relationships with top trade shows from Top Drawer in London, to Maison et Objet in Paris and beyond
- Own our shop-facing guide to everything Trouva; make it relevant, make it useful, make it usable and keep it that way in a fast-changing environment
- Collate relevant information from teams around the business and be the gatekeeper for what gets communicated externally and when
- Ensure that as our international Community of shops grows, relevant comms is translated and distributed in just as effective a way to this portfolio, with the help of our in-market Community teams
- Develop or formalise new channels of communication with our boutiques whether this be a boutique forum, instagram, social media platforms or other novel ways to get our points across
- Listen to boutique feedback and use it to continually improve
Who you are
- 4+ years of MarComms experience, ideally B2B
- Exceptional written communications and happy to prove it
- Excellent organisation and ability to process and prioritise requests from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate several channels to ensure all our messages are consistent and consistently reinforced
- An analytical streak, able to use data to challenge or support hypotheses
- Endlessly creative with an ability to find novel solutions to evolving challenges
- Passion for independent retail and Trouva’s mission
What's in for you:
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups.
- Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk]
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!