Trouva is the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We’re lucky enough to have incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty, Forbes 30 Under 30 and are one of Wired's "Europe's 100 Hottest Startups" 2018!
We’re growing incredibly fast - one the 5 fastest in the UK (The Next Web Tech5) - and are looking for exceptional people who want to be part of the next big thing, joining a team with experience from Deliveroo, Farfetch, HelloFresh, Entrepreneur First, McKinsey, IBM, onefinestay, Jack Wills & PwC.
We are looking for a Finance Executive to join our Business Operations team to support us primarily across our global Finance function but also with other Business Operations projects where required. More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
- Identify areas for improvement in our finance processes and help to drive efficiency, this will include research into new technologies and supporting with implementation
- Support the BizOps team with overseas incorporations and the subsequent management of the entities, helping us to scale globally while remaining compliant with all local laws
- Be a key part of the process for paying our retailers and correspond directly with our boutiques on certain complex statement queries
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare the month-end management accounts, this will include working across all areas of finance including journals, accruals, reconciliation, tax etc
- Run our day-to-day finance processes such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Support with the preparation of our statutory accounts and tax returns
- Help the Finance Manager and Head of Business Operations with ad hoc queries and projects
Who you are
We are looking for a process-oriented, tech-savy, adaptable and organised Finance Executive who is excited by the opportunity to work across all aspects of Finance to support our rapid global growth. This role would be well-suited to an individual who is thorough, enjoys getting into the detail, following processes and improving them. We are looking for someone who is able to multitask, has strong problem solving skills, is self-motivated and excited by the diverse range of opportunities and challenges that being part of one of the 5 fastest growing companies in the UK will bring.
In terms of skills:
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles (we would consider supporting the right candidate through accounting exams)
- A minimum of 2 years finance experience, in-house experience is beneficial but not necessary
- Intermediate level excel as a minimum
- A strong academic background
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk