Digital Designer Junior
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!) We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented Digital Design Junior to join our team and help us transform the way we visualise and distribute our brand, editorial and marketing comms.
As a Digital Designer you will be:
- Working closely with the Senior Designer and as part of the Editorial team
- Creating compelling visual concepts and assets for our brand and marketing email campaigns. You will be comfortable working with the email team and using performance results to help iterate designs and increase engagement on future releases
- Collaborate with our Editorial and Social team to deliver high quality digital assets for promotional campaigns and incentives. For this you will be expected to be comfortable utilising motion/video with After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop
- Collaborate with our marketing team to develop strong and consistent visual assets for paid marketing channels
- Develop and build beautiful landing page designs within our internal CMS system for promotional campaigns and incentives
- Comfortable presenting your ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable way
- Collaborate with our Senior Designer to develop ideas and concepts for monthly trade initiatives, promotional campaigns and events
- Work with members from different teams across the business to help deliver artwork to help support internal and external presentations.
Who you are:
You are a enthusiastic, driven designer with strong principles and a keen eye for detail. You are digital focused and have a passion for delivering engaging content in the most elegant way possible. You are a team player, enjoy working alongside others and a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Comfortable communicating ideas using a pencil and paper
- University degree in design/visual communication
- 1—2 experience in a design agency/studio or in-house
- A portfolio of strong conceptual ideas that are executed to the highest standard
- Adobe Creative suites — Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Skilled in After Effects & Premiere motion and animation
- Competent in Powerpoint — Developing presentations and creating templates
- Ability to manage and organise briefs
- Basic understanding of digital success metrics
- Excellent typographic and design principles
- Self-discipline and time management
- Awareness of current design trends and new ways of working
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be a bonus
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and share options
- Staff discount at all our boutiques
- A beautiful office space in East London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- An allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!