Trouva unites hundreds of Europe’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult. As TechCrunch put it we help store owners focus on what they do best; having beautiful offline experiences and selecting the right products for their customer base.
We’ve been around for about 3 years and have been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
What's the role?
As a devops engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the product team to progress Trouva’s technology platform and help to unlock the full potential of the engineers around you. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on managing the cloud infrastructure to support a rapidly growing e-commerce business, setup workflows and patterns to help the whole team rapidly build new services and ensure that we can collaborate effectively through the whole development lifecycle.
At the moment we make heavy use of AWS and other specialised cloud providers, Terraform to manage that infrastructure. And utilise docker through the whole lifecycle from local development, through CI and into production. However as the platform and development team grows we need to find new ways of working together and scaling up, which you would be at the heart of.
Who you are:
- 3+ years industry experience as an engineer delivering product into the world
- Experience setting up and managing cloud infrastructure to get production application live in a stable, secure and well monitored way. And the desire to push this knowledge further.
- Experience setting up and exploring tools to make it easy for engineers to collaborate on developing solutions, sharing their ideas, testing and getting things into production.
- You love to automate everything
- Able to coach more junior developers, and set a high standard in your personal work through your code, testing, communication and ability to help others.
What you'll get in return:
- Flexible remote working, we want people close to their base location but you do not have to be in the office every day
- Macbook Pro and Bose Noise cancelling headphones as standard issue and other accessories such as monitor, keyboard and mice to suit your needs
- Competitive salary and share options
- Discount on all our boutiques
- A beautiful office space in East London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- An allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!