Business Development Executive - Copenhagen
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What's the role?
We're looking for a Copenhagen based executive, who's fluent in both Danish and English. You’ll be passionate about independent boutiques, love to meet new people and want to work in a fun and fast-growing environment.
Your goal is to champion our brand among Denmark's best independent boutiques and recruit and on-board new shops to join the Trouva community. This role will allow you to be at the heart of the business and play a major part in our success.
What you'll do:
- Helping us to understand the Danish markets; from nuances in the market to distribution channels to everything in between.
- Recruiting new boutiques, in line with ambitious growth targets.
- Working remotely out of a shared office space in Copenhagen - you'll be comfortable working independently, managing your own time and responsibilities.
- On-boarding new shops to Trouva; looking to consistently improve and iterate our processes.
- Be the point-of-contact for shop owners’ queries and questions and build fantastic working relationships.
- Managing your funnel in our CRM system; keeping all activity, changes and new additions up to date.
- Dedicating at least two days per week visiting our shops and identifying new leads.
- Regular trips to our London HQ for training and development, team events, strategy and update meetings (and to bring us tasty Danish treats).
Who you are:
- Essential: fluency in Danish and English.
- Experience in a sales/business development or commercial account management role, with a track record of exceeding targets.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Can-do attitude - things change fast at Trouva and we’re looking for someone who wants a challenge and is not be afraid to seek out new opportunities.
- Passionate about meeting and engaging with the boutiques in our community - an interest in home wares and fashion is a plus but not a necessity.
- Understanding of, and interest in, independent retail.
- Passionate about new tech and entrepreneurship.
- Competitive salary and OTE.
- A central co-working space.
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done.
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people.
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.