Trouva unites hundreds of the UK’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult. As TechCrunch put it we help store owners focus on what they do best; having beautiful offline experiences and selecting the right products for their customer base.
We’ve been around for about 2 years and have already been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
What's the role?
As a Product Manager at Trouva, the challenges we work on are diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work across products for our boutique community, like inventory management and order processing, innovate on internal tools to change the way we run our business, but also creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
Beautiful products are the result of identifying the needs of the end-user (shops, customers, team) and joining forces across the whole company to get there. You’re inspired by thinking and trying out new processes to align the team with what we’re trying to achieve and getting things done. Although you’ll sit within the Product team, you’ll work collaboratively with all areas of the business to achieve our goals. You’ll be responsible for running product squads, and you’ll have the freedom to define the processes you use to do that.
How do we work?
We believe in communicating effectively, thoroughly, empathetically and openly. We involve other people in what we’re doing early on to ensure we’re moving in the right direction and get feedback on our plans.
We want to be supported by the whole team, but ultimately be empowered to drive solutions as individuals. To gain this level of trust, we need to be confident that we gather the right requirements, we test to prove what we’ve built works and we test to ensure the result is robust. Furthermore, we document because we respect our future selves and team members.
We are open and transparent in the way we work. We expose our ideas and solutions early and follow the mantra that good is better than perfect. We invite others to challenge our ideas and help us achieve the best we can. This allows us be confident we deliver what is expected in the timeline we have proposed.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world and we have wild ambitions. We thrive by delivering quality, impactful products at a fast pace, while improving how we work as a team.
- You are creative but more than being an innovation mastermind, you also have a strong analytical mindset. You are able to deal with data and convert data into problems, formulate solutions and execute the action plan. You are experienced or at least are familiar with the use of analytics (Google Analytics, MixPanel, Localytics, Heap or similar) and product management (JIRA, confluence, slack) tools.
- You are platform agnostic and have a track record of successfully shipping web and mobile products.
- You are able to go from high level product conceptualisation & strategising to hands-on execution. Ideally you have worked on a product from end to end - from conceptualisation to launching, and from launching to scaling.
- The above mentioned requirements must be supported by 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner or similar, in a relevant industry - ecommerce, marketplace or B2B2C internet company.
All in all, you are obsessed with building streamlined and transparent processes as well as creating world class products and extraordinary user experience. Show us that you strive for team efficiency and creating outstanding experience for your users and that our product is definitely inspiring you.
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk