Full Stack Engineer
Trouva unites over 500 of the UK’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult. As TechCrunch put it we help store owners focus on what they do best; having beautiful offline experiences and selecting the right products for their customer base.
We’ve been around for about 2 years and have already been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
As a Full Stack Engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
- Experience working with or at least a solid understanding of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Understanding of the role of load balancers and DNS, able to setup a basic infrastructure with some direction.
- Experience having designed at least one API or subset of functionality from scratch. Able to discuss needs from both server side implementation and client side needs.
- Experience working with CI/CD, able to discuss different testing approaches and have a good understanding of difference between things like unit/integration tests.
- You’ve got experience testing applications, through unit, behaviour & integration tests. You understand that testing is essential to build robust applications and you’re experienced with setting up the appropriate test tooling to ensure rapid development and continuous deployment.
- You’ve previously been exposed to at least one frontend production application and have a keen interest in learning more about building beautiful experiences for the end-user.
We believe in communicating effectively, thoroughly, empathetically and openly. We involve other people in what we’re doing early on to ensure we’re moving in the right direction and get feedback on our plans.
We want to be supported by the whole team, but ultimately be empowered to drive solutions as individuals. To gain this level of trust, we need to be confident that we gather the right requirements, we test to prove what we’ve built works and we test to ensure the result is robust. Furthermore, we document because we respect our future selves and team members.
We are open and transparent in the way we work. We expose our ideas and solutions early and follow the mantra that good is better than perfect. We invite others to challenge our ideas and help us achieve the best we can. This allows us be confident we deliver what is expected in the timeline we have proposed.
We’re one of the top Tech Start Ups in the UK with wild ambitions. We are ambitious people and thrive by delivering quality impactful products at a fast pace, while improving how we work as a team.