Digital Designer Junior
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google and Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!) We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
We’re looking for an ambitious Design Junior to join our team and help us transform the way we visualise and distribute our brand communications. You will work closely with the Senior Designer and as part of the Editorial team.
As a Digital Designer you will be:
- Create visual concepts and assets for our email campaigns. You will be comfortable working with the email team and using performance results to help iterate designs and increase engagement on future releases.
- Collaborate with Editorial and Social teams to deliver digital assets for promotional campaigns and incentives. For this you will be expected to be comfortable utilising motion/video with After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop.
- Develop the look and feel as well as navigation within wordpress for the brand’s content platform Counter Culture. We want to make this the go to destination for users to discover incredible stories behind Trouva’s boutique network.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to develop strong and consistent visual assets for our paid marketing channels.
- Develop and build landing page designs within our internal CMS system for promotional campaigns and incentives.
- Be comfortable presenting your ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable way.
- Collaborate with our Senior Designer to develop ideas and concepts for monthly trade initiatives, promotional campaigns and events.
Who you are:
You are a enthusiastic, driven designer with strong principles and a keen eye for detail. You are digital focused and have a passion for delivering engaging content in the most elegant way possible. You are a team player, enjoy working alongside others and a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- University degree in design/visual communication
- 1-2 experience in a design agency/studio or inhouse
- A portfolio of strong conceptual ideas that are executed to the highest standard
- Adobe Creative suites — Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- You can use HTML or CSS and have worked in Wordpress before
- Skilled in After Effects & Premiere motion and animation
- Competent in Powerpoint — developing presentations and templates
- Comfortable communicating ideas using a pencil and paper
- Ability to manage and organise briefs
- Basic understanding of digital success metrics
- Self-discipline and time managementAwareness of current design trends and new ways of working
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk