We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Head of Business Operations and working closely with our outsourced accounting team, this will be our first finance hire at Trouva and a rare opportunity to shape the future of Finance for the Company.
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant with a sound in-house or audit background, who demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and is hungry to help us develop our finance function at a global level.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
- Manage and improve our monthly management accounts process, including variance analysis, reporting and reconciliations. You’ll analyze results, identify opportunities and exploit trends
- Prepare the statutory accounts and manage tax compliance (Corporate tax returns, VAT returns, PAYE, EC sales list)
- Be responsible for our AP process, including critical supplier and Boutique payments
- Document our processes and develop our control framework
- Drive process improvements with the mindset of continuous improvement, with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using excel/Xero, implementing new add-on software or working with our product team to build internal software
- Work closely with our advisers and the business to coordinate the setup of our international legal entities and manage their compliance
- Support the Head of Business Operations and founders with budget forecast and cash flow forecast analysis
- Develop a culture of partnering across the business - working closely with Leads to provide more valuable and timely information
- Support with the development of Trouva’s finance strategy
- Educate the business on finance and tax matters so that we can be proactive in managing change
Who you are
You are looking for a role where you get rapid exposure to what it’s like operating in a top high growth startup, and you want to roll up your sleeves and learn by getting stuck in. You are a team player, enjoy developing others and a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities. You are structured, process driven, organised and pay close attention to detail.
In terms of technical skills:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or equivalent) advantageous
- 3-4 years audit or in house finance experience (1-2 years post qualified)
- Retail or ecommerce background an advantage but by no means essential
- Intermediate Excel (Advanced excel an advantage)
- Knowledge of Xero or other finance systems preferable
- Competitive salary and share options
- Discount on all our boutiques
- A beautiful office space in East London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- An allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!