We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What's the role?
We’re looking for a brand manager to join Trouva’s Editorial team. You’ll have experience executing campaigns, online and offline, to attract new customers and talk to our existing audience. Our ideal candidate is creative, an expert communicator and entrepreneurial. You have an abundance of ideas and are able to bring these to life, from initial ideation all the way through to reporting. You’re an expert at putting yourself in the customer’s shoes, understanding and fulfilling their needs. Reporting into the Creative Brand Director, you’ll be a part of a small but talented team who are passionate about engaging with our tribe of customers.
What you’ll do
- Plan, launch & run seasonal campaigns, online and offline, throughout the calendar year
- Work towards competitive traffic and sales targets in line with our ambitions to become a global brand
- Lead on new and innovative ways to grow the Trouva audience. Tapping into, for example, the worlds of interior design and wedding gifting
- Build relationships with customers, influencers and Editor-in-chiefs to align them with Trouva’s mission and independent community
- Collaborate with the Product team to develop new site features in line with our customers' desires
Who you are:
- Demonstrated experience working with and having an impact on a consumer facing brand. You’ll have at least 5 years experience working in-house or as a strategist
- Deep understanding and passion for Trouva’s mission: to build the platform that enables independent retail to thrive in the world’s creative neighbourhoods
- A passionate brand builder and an expert in content creation and storytelling across a range of channels
- Experience managing and executing campaigns, including management of PR agencies
- An appreciation for the wider marketing function and how your role impacts areas such as design, performance marketing and CRM
- Goal-oriented without sacrificing an experimental and creative streak
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and ‘go-getter’ attitude
What's in in for you:
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk