Office Assistant (Part Time)
Trouva is the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We’re lucky enough to have incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty, Forbes 30 Under 30 and are one of Wired's "Europe's 100 Hottest Startups" 2018!
We’re growing incredibly fast - one the 5 fastest in the UK (The Next Web Tech5) - and are looking for exceptional people who want to be part of the next big thing, joining a team with experience from HelloFresh, Notonthehighstreet, Entrepreneur First, McKinsey, IBM, Onefinestay, Farfetch & Jack Wills. Get a feel for what we're about through our TV Advert, LinkedIn or Instagram.
What's the role?
We’re looking for an Office Assistant, to join our Lisbon team on part time basis. We're looking for someone who loves making things happen and who can take ownership over tasks – no matter how big or small. You'll be responsible for the smooth running of the office; constantly striving to make improvements to the working environment, support with key finance and HR tasks, as well as provide general administrative support to our growing team.
What you'll do:
- Support the team with general office administration including greeting guests, dealing with the post and deliveries, stocking snacks and stationery, and other office maintenance
- Champion company culture. You will organise team events and outings such as monthly lunches and remember our birthdays
- Ensure we all have the tools to do our job - procure and set up computers and phones for new employees and act as the point of call for all office related tech issues
- Support the team by booking flights and accommodation to our London HQ
Who you are
- You are highly organised and have an exceptional eye for detail, able to juggle calendars and ensuring flawless communication to internal and external stakeholders. When it comes to all the aspects of your role, you are as precise and finical as a geometer
- Super tech savvy. Maybe you enjoyed building your own computer as a child, dabbled in coding or at a geek when it comes to using tech. You’re comfortable choosing the best specs for a laptop or playing around with office phones
- You are passionate about company culture and genuinely care about the well-being of the team around you
- Trouva is a place where everybody has a seat at the table. We encourage being proactive and taking initiative. Every role matters, as such think about all the ways you can help us achieve our goals and execute your ideas
- Wanting to work part-time or full-time
Skills you have
- A degree from a leading University and at least 6-12 months experience in an office environment
- An interest in tech start-ups
- Administrative experience is not required but will be a plus
- Strong organisational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise efficiently
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience working in Excel
- Tech savvy and IT-literate with the ability to solve technical issues when they arise
- Trustworthy and comfortable with handling confidential information
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- A beautiful office space in Lisbon, with unlimited coffee
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- An allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!