Senior Backend Engineer
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 3rd in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page!
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
As a Back-end Engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
- Experience working with or at least a solid understanding of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Understanding of the role of load balancers and DNS, able to setup a basic infrastructure with some direction.
- Experience running something on AWS, from a CDN/S3, Beanstalk application, Lambda function either for a production application or a hobby project. Similar experience with another cloud provider is also a plus.
- Experience having designed at least one API or subset of functionality from scratch. Able to discuss needs from both server side implementation and client side needs. A core belief in clean documentation, being able to setup tooling around it and to gain consensus for a certain approach is key.
- Experience working with CI/CD, able to discuss different testing approaches and have a good understanding of difference between things like unit/integration tests.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with what you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people, including weekly meditation, yoga, five a side football and Pizza Friday's!
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk