Business Development Executive - International
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What's the role?
We are growing our boutique community internationally and are looking for new team members to help us onboard the very best boutiques from Europe’s creative capitals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about independent boutiques and experienced in working in a target driven sales role to join our Business Development team. The team’s goal is to champion our brand among independent boutiques and recruit new shops to join the Trouva community. As a Business Development team member, you’re at the heart of the business and will play a major part in our success.
What you'll do:
- Recruiting new boutiques across Europe’s Creative Capitals in line with ambitious growth targets in person, and by phone and email, maximising conversion of our carefully curated database of target boutiques.
- Managing your funnel in our CRM system. Keeping all activity, changes and new additions up to date.
- Your time will be split between being in our London office and on roadshows across Europe supporting Trouva’s launch in European cities.
- You should be able to work independently and proactively, managing your own time and responsibilities
Our ideal candidate is someone with:
- Experience in a sales/business development role with a track record of significant over-performance
- Lots of energy, positive attitude and an outgoing approach
- Understanding of, and interest in, independent retail, fashion and design
- Ability to explain complex concepts in everyday terms
- Ability to multitask and work quickly in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about new tech and entrepreneurship
- Bonus: Second European language
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk