We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What's the role?
Reporting in to the CEO, this is a rare opportunity for a commercially minded analyst to set the strategy for and lead data analysis for Trouva; offering insights and identifying strategic opportunities. We’re looking for someone who is a critical thinker, confident in analyzing trends and patterns and able to present them is a commercial way, which will have lasting impact across the business.
What you'll do:
- Understand Trouva as a business and define how we gather, analyse and interpret data
- Perform analysis to answer key business questions; providing insight into our boutiques, our content and our customers
- Use data to offer commercial insights to the teams and identify growth and engagement drivers as well as areas of opportunity
- Help us define the key questions we should be asking (and the analyses that should be conducted) as teams and as a business
- Prepare your findings and recommendations in easily digestible formats for key stakeholders (e.g. dashboards, email updates etc.)
- Collaborate with teams incorporating their input, feedback and needs, to iterate how we analyse data across the business
- Work cross functionally to design and support projects across the business which arise out of your analysis and commercial recommendations
- Design and develop new methodologies for analysing data efficiently and implement robust methodologies to ensure high data quality
- Create a long term strategy for data at Trouva, including growing and developing a team
- Quantitative degree (2:1) from a leading University. Masters/PhD considered a plus
Who you are:
- 1 - 3 years experience in a e.g. top tier strategy consultancy, or experience in a similar role within a tech business
- Intellectually curious
- Strong analytical, strategic and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills and at least a working knowledge of Python
- Confident in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Flexible and collaborative with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Commercially focused and ambitious - you’re keen to seize an exciting opportunity and make a real impact on a business
- An understanding of e-commerce industries and a passion for retail, the independents and start-ups
- Competitive salary and share options
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and a courtyard
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need, to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- Discount on all our boutiques
- An allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!