Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 3rd in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page
We’re looking for someone with a passion for getting stuff done. Someone who’s not afraid to work on totally different areas of Operations on a daily (and sometimes hourly!) basis. If you like the idea of building a world class global fulfilment network without a single warehouse or distribution centre, where we seamlessly deliver a fantastic experience for customers all over the world from boutiques all over the world then this is the role for you.
The scope of “Operations” is vast, covering customer operations, logistics, payments, fraud, boutique operations, and much more. In this role, you’ll be at the heart of analysis across all of these areas - providing detailed analyses for each department, creating tools and processes to improve performance, and reporting on all of it - with a constant focus on not just how to make it work now, but how it will scale in the future.
We’re a small team, but we’re growing fast and we need someone who’s up for the challenge and can scale with the team and the company. This role will include an active contribution to this growth process: analysing, optimising, and scaling to find innovative solutions to the problems we encounter along the way.
What you'll do:
- Perform accurate analyses to answer key questions pertaining to Operations on an ad-hoc basis
- Create reports and dashboards for monitoring of KPIs and operational performance to drive real improvements, optimise customer experience, and reduce fulfilment errors
- Own the Operations forecasting
- Own month end financial reporting, as well as analysing the PnL to highlight areas for improvement
- Put forward recommendations to guide commercial negotiations by building models, and creating projections and estimates
- Contribute to the formation of strategy and roadmap of Operations, particularly in light of recent international expansion
- Create and implement tools and processes to assist the operations team in their day-to-day work
- Work with the Data & Analytics team to bring operational data into the Trouva data warehouse
- Work with the Product/IT team on new projects, integrations, and functionality
- Further develop our logistics model to optimise our shipping costs
- Work with our payments data to reduce our fraud rate and payment processing fees
Who you are:
- 1 - 3 years experience in an analytical role ideally within a tech/ecommerce business, top-tier consultancy, or bank.
- Strong analytical, strategic and problem solving skills
- An Excel/Google Sheets and SQL expert with at least a working knowledge of Python and other scripting languages, such as VBA, a plus.
- Flexible and collaborative with the ability to work in a fast paced environment where priorities and projects can change on a daily basis
- An understanding of e-commerce industries and a passion for retail, independent shops, and start-ups
- You can’t abide seeing people do manual processes that could be automated or have decisions made without solid data to back them up
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with what you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people, including weekly meditation, yoga, five a side football and Pizza Friday's!
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk