Senior Product Engineer (Full Stack)
Trouva unites 400 of Europe’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult. As TechCrunch put it we help store owners focus on what they do best; having beautiful offline experiences and selecting the right products for their customer base.
We’ve been around for about 3 years and have been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
What will you do?
As a full stack engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, tooling to support your fellow engineers but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
We believe in communicating effectively, thoroughly, empathetically and openly. We involve other people in what we’re doing early on to ensure we’re moving in the right direction and get feedback on our plans.
We want to be supported by the whole team, but ultimately be empowered to drive solutions as individuals. To gain this level of trust, we need to be confident that we gather the right requirements, we test to prove what we’ve built works and we test to ensure the result is robust. Furthermore, we document because we respect our future selves and team members.
We are open and transparent in the way we work. We expose our ideas and solutions early and follow the mantra that good is better than perfect. We invite others to challenge our ideas and help us achieve the best we can. This allows us be confident we deliver what is expected in the timeline we have proposed.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world with wild ambitions. We are ambitious people and thrive by delivering quality impactful products at a fast pace, while improving how we work as a team.
- Experience designing and building APIs, fluent in understanding the needs from both server side implementation and client side needs.
- Exposure to multiple front-end frameworks, comfortable discussing the advantages and disadvantages of each to inform your choice on any project.
- Experience working with CI/CD, a solid understanding of different testing approaches and the ability to implement the right solutions in your work.
- Experience setting up and managing cloud infrastructure to get production application live in a stable, secure and well monitored way.
- Able to coach more junior developers, and set a high standard in your personal work through your code, testing, communication and ability to help others.
- Flexible remote working, we want people close to their base location but you do not have to be in the office every day
- Macbook Pro and Bose Noise cancelling headphones as standard issue and other accessories such as monitor, keyboard and mice to suit your needs
- Perks scheme from Perkbox