Senior Product Designer, B2B
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We're proud to be an award winning company building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, which handles inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics; offering an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!).
As a result of our efforts, we've been recognised as one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5), and have been backed by VC and Angel Investors whose successes include Secret Escapes, Net-A-Porter, and Farfetch (BGF Ventures, Octopus Investments, Index Ventures & LocalGlobe). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
The company is growing rapidly - we now have offices in London and Lisbon, and an ever expanding community of boutiques across London, Berlin, Paris and Copenhagen. As a result, we’re constantly on the hunt to find exceptional talent, who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
We believe in communicating effectively, thoroughly, empathetically and openly. We involve other people in what we’re doing early on to ensure we’re moving in the right direction and get feedback on our plans.
We want to be supported by the whole team, but ultimately be empowered to drive solutions as individuals. To gain this level of trust, we need to be confident that we gather the right requirements, we test to prove what we’ve built works and we test to ensure the result is robust. Furthermore, we document because we respect our future selves and team members.
We are open and transparent in the way we work. We expose our ideas and solutions early and follow the mantra that good is better than perfect. We invite others to challenge our ideas and help us achieve the best we can. This allows us to be confident we deliver what is expected in the timeline we have proposed.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world and we have wild ambitions. We thrive by delivering quality, impactful products at a fast pace, while improving how we work as a team.
As Senior Product Designer on the Retail Operations squad, you will lead design for our boutique platform and help our community of boutiques deliver the best experience for Trouva customers. You’ll have the opportunity to redefine how boutiques manage inventory, process their orders, ship their products to customers, and so much more.
You will be responsible for creating a meaningful, delightful experience for our boutiques, and ultimately redefining a key part of the Trouva ecosystem.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide design direction and governance. You are the voice of the boutiques and utilise design to simplify complex retail management processes and problems.
- Evolve design and get hands on. You oversee the user flows, interactions, and visual design of our boutique platform.
- Be a design advocate. You will liaise, co-create, and work alongside your multi-disciplinary squad as will as other key functions in the business including Community, Operations, Merchandising, and more.
- Empower others. You are excited about educating, learning from, and collaborating with other Product Designers.
- Define the future. Trouva is an early stage startup that understands the importance of design. As such, we want a talented individual with a perspective on design.
- Own your work. This means you take the initiative to understand the success (or failure) of your work and are motivated to iterate and initiate change based on user feedback and metrics.
- Challenge the status quo. We believe in standing up for our ideas whilst listening to and being open to the ideas of others. You know when and how to advocate for user and business goals.
- Think critically. You give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners to push your design and iterate accordingly.
- This role reports to a Product Design Lead, whom you will work closely with to evolve Trouva’s design language and define the future of our boutique platform.
- In an ideal world, you have experience designing platform and/or B2B products. You’ve shipped problem-solving products into the hands of real users. (A portfolio with examples is required for this role.)
- Strong visual and motion design skills. You love creating work that is beautiful, but not at the expense of functionality.
- Strong communication skills. You can articulate your design decisions with confidence, clarity, and openness to feedback.
- Understanding the root cause of a problem is your objective. You feel empowered to understand, question, and iterate over what currently exists.
- You appreciate the full product development cycle, from identifying problems and ideating solutions through to creating detailed UI design.
- Ability to create low and high-fidelity mockups. You know when to be scrappy and when to hone in on the details.
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk