Senior Front-End Engineer
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 3rd in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page!
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you’ll be responsible for the client-facing website, while working closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
- You have experience with React, Redux, Sagas. Nice to haves include: Ember, expertise in Server-side rendering with React (eg, Next.js)
- You embrace HTML & SASS and are keen to continuously learn & follow best practices (eg, by using Block Element Modifier), setting an example for the team. Your knowledge ranges from understanding the semantics behind different HTML tags to browser compatibility standards.
- You have a keen interest in working with designers to build beautiful experiences for the end-user.
- Solid understanding on what it takes to run a high-scale website, including CDNs, caching strategies, monitoring, optimisation, and SEO. Additional experience with infrastructure hosting using Docker and AWS would be ideal, but at a minimum you should be able to work closely with our Platform team in these areas.
- Whilst you’ve spent most of your time on the browser, you’re comfortable with writing a simple Node application, something like a basic API powered by Express. At minimum you should be able to represent client side API needs
- You write testable front-end code, and strongly believe that using test frameworks, unit, and acceptance tests are essential for building robust websites, enabling rapid development and continuous deployment.
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Macbook Pro and Bose Noise cancelling headphones as standard issue, and any other tech you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people, including weekly meditation, yoga, five a side football and Pizza Friday's!
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk