International Business Development- French speaker
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 3rd in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page!
What's the role?
We are growing our boutique community internationally and are looking for new team members to help us onboard the very best boutiques from Europe’s creative capitals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about independent boutiques and experienced in working in a target driven sales role to join our Business Development team. The team’s goal is to champion our brand among independent boutiques and recruit new shops to join the Trouva community. As a Business Development team member, you’re at the heart of the business and will play a major part in our success.
What you'll do:
- Recruiting new boutiques across Europe in line with ambitious growth targets in person, and by phone and email, maximising conversion of our carefully curated database of target boutiques.
- Managing your funnel in our CRM system. Keeping all activity, changes and new additions up to date.
- Your time will be split between our London HQ and on roadshows in key European markets
- You should be able to work independently and proactively, managing your own time and responsibilities
Our ideal candidate is someone with:
- Essential: Fluent in English plus native fluency in French
- Experience in a sales/business development role with a track record of significant over-performance
- Lots of energy, positive attitude and an outgoing approach
- Understanding of, and interest in, independent retail, homewares and design
- Ability to explain complex concepts in everyday terms
- Ability to multitask and work quickly in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about new tech and entrepreneurship
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Competitive Maternity/Paternity policies
- Weekly yoga, meditation, fika and five-a-side football
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.