Business Operations Intern
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We're proud to be an award winning company building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, which handles inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics; offering an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!).
As a result of our efforts, we've been recognised as one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5), and have been backed by VC and Angel Investors whose successes include Secret Escapes, Net-A-Porter, and Farfetch (BGF Ventures, Octopus Investments, Index Ventures & LocalGlobe). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty anorkd Forbes 30 Under 30.
The company is growing rapidly - we now have offices in London and Lisbon, and an ever expanding community of boutiques across London, Berlin, Paris and Copenhagen. As a result, we’re constantly on the hunt to find exceptional talent, who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
This is a really exciting role for someone who is interested in getting first hand exposure to how a high growth start-up operates. Reporting into our Head of Business Operations, you'll support the Business Operations team across People & Culture, Office Management, Finance & Legal.
Your role will be extremely wide ranging and vary day-to-day, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Helping us to develop our culture and people by coordinating events, preparing training slides, researching people initiatives and helping to onboard new hires
- Supporting on recruitment, including profile sourcing, organisation of assessment centres and recruitment events
- Assisting our Office Manager in making Trouva a great place to work
- Getting involved in international office set-up
- Working with our Finance Manager to help with day to day finance activities
- Supporting our Head of Business Operations and Founders with ad hoc tasks
Ideally you'll have:
- A keen interest in business operations and getting to know the nitty gritty of how a business works
- Excitement at the prospect of working across a varied role across a wide range of areas
- Strong team working and people skills
- Top notch organisational skills and a naturally structured approach to your thinking
- Knowledge of the tech industry - you'll need to be tech savvy!
- Natural curiosity and an inquisitive streak
- A massive passion for Trouva, of course!
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including excellent PowerPoint skills (intermediate Excel would be great too!)
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annumCompany pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.