Business Operations Intern
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
This is a really exciting role for someone who is interested in getting first hand exposure to how a high growth start-up operates. Reporting into our People Partner, you'll support the Business Operations team across People & Culture, Office Management, Finance & Legal.
Your role will be extremely varied and vary day-to-day, but some of your responsibilities will include:
People & culture:
- Co-ordination of monthly people updates
- Organisation of team meetings
- Organisation of assessment centres and recruitment events
- Supporting our People Partner with profile sourcing / recruitment
- Support team with preparation of training sessions (e.g. prepare draft slides)
- Research for people initiatives
- Support the social committee with event organisation
- Drafting of people policies and processes
- Supporting with international office set-up (e.g. preparation of documentation)
- Supporting our Office Manager with booking travel & events for founders
- Helping with awards applications & co-ordination of attendees
- Supporting with finance processes (e.g. accounts payable)
- Supporting our Head of Business Ops on ad hoc tasks
- Measuring our weekly KPIs and prepare slides for Business Operations meetings
Ideally you'll have:
- A keen interest in business operations and getting to know the nitty gritty of how a business works
- Excitement at the prospect of working across a varied role across a wide range of areas
- Strong team working and people skills
- Top notch organisational skills and a naturally structured approach to your thinking
- Knowledge of the tech industry - you'll need to be tech savvy!
- Natural curiosity and an inquisitive streak
- A massive passion for Trouva, of course!
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including excellent PowerPoint skills (intermediate Excel would be great too!)
- Competitive salary
- A beautiful office space in East London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- An allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!