We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products. We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30. We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a Merchandising intern who is passionate about independent boutiques and the products they stock, and who wants to work in a fun and fast-growing ecommerce environment.
Your role will be within merchandising, using a knowledge of seasonality and trends, and also learning about best selling products and brands, to help merchandise the site.
What you’ll do:
- Support the wider Community team in our growing community of boutiques, merchandising new boutiques that join the platform.
- Create seasonal edits of products, using knowledge of wider trends and data to optimise products, brands and boutiques.
- Work with the new products that our expanding community of boutiques upload, ensuring product uploads are in-line with the Trouva Product Guidelines.
- Merchandise the site regularly, ensuring categories and tags are up to date, keeping in mind seasonality and availability.
- Work confidently across wider teams and support daily merchandising activities.
Who you are:
- Strong team working and people skills
- Top notch organisational skills and a naturally structured approach to your thinking
- Natural curiosity and an inquisitive streak
- Sound data analysis skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of interior and fashion trends
- A passion for Trouva and what we stand for!
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- A beautiful office space in East London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
- Discount at all our Trouva Boutiques
- £50 allowance to spend at Trouva to decorate your desk!