Senior Data Engineer
Trouva unites 400 of Europe’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult. As TechCrunch put it we help store owners focus on what they do best; having beautiful offline experiences and selecting the right products for their customer base.
We’ve been around for about 3 years and have been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK, and now we are expanding our product team to Lisbon. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques. We're now creating a dedicated data insights platform, that aims to provide guidance to our boutiques & team on how to optimise their sales.
What will you do?
As a data engineer you'll work closely with the product team and the CTO to setup a new data insights platform. The challenge is diverse: you'll be able to define the stack, setup the core ETL of the business, help iterate over the existing architecture all the way to exposing APIs so that we can pull your insights into our main products.
You'll help define, setup & ship the data insights platform for our team, supporting them with their day to day decision making. We currently have over 150,000 products flowing through our live inventory management system and integrations with our boutiques. You will get to experience the opportunities and challenges of working with data streams that originate from different sources, the standardisation process and the automation triggers that are required to keep the data clean.
We believe in communicating effectively, thoroughly, empathetically and openly. We involve other people in what we’re doing early on to ensure we’re moving in the right direction and get feedback on our plans.
We want to be supported by the whole team, but ultimately be empowered to drive solutions as individuals. To gain this level of trust, we need to be confident that we gather the right requirements, we test to prove what we’ve built works and we test to ensure the result is robust. Furthermore, we document because we respect our future selves and team members.
We are open and transparent in the way we work. We expose our ideas and solutions early and follow the mantra that good is better than perfect. We invite others to challenge our ideas and help us achieve the best we can. This allows us be confident we deliver what is expected in the timeline we have proposed.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world with wild ambitions. We are ambitious people and thrive by delivering quality impactful products at a fast pace, while improving how we work as a team.
- You should have 3-5 years of experience working on the data layer of fast growth businesses. You should be able to discuss the challenges you've faced and display an understanding of the various complexities data brings with it and how different solutions can apply to them
- Experience setting up or working on streamlined ETL processes, using data pipeline management tools such as Airflow
- Experience setting up business intelligence solutions such as Tableau or RJMetrics. We're not locked into any of those and will be looking to you to help advise on which route you'd recommend us following
- Experience working with Postgres, MongoDB, Redshift and/or other database management systems
- Flexible remote working, we want people close to their base location but you do not have to be in the office every day
- Macbook Pro and Bose Noise cancelling headphones as standard issue and other accessories such as monitor, keyboard and mice to suit your needs
- Perks scheme from Perkbox