Head of Customer Support
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what we do.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the customer experience and truly understands what it means to shop ‘Independent’. Our customer experience is our defining USP - it drives our mission to champion the independents - both the boutiques, and our shoppers. We want somebody who can put this front and centre consistently, across all our interactions across the community, both domestic and international.
Trouva has ambitious plans and, with that will come both unique opportunities and unique challenges. We want somebody who can lead a team to success, developing training materials, looking at organisational structure and building vision.
This role will include a very active contribution to Trouva’s growth process; optimising, scaling and finding new and innovative solutions to the problems we encounter along the way. How can we take that incredible personal service you get when you walk into a quirky, independently owned boutique, and deliver it to a customer thousands of miles away? And next, how can we make sure we deliver that same level of service to every single customer we have? Here is the opportunity to build out the solution.
What you'll do:
- Take a strategic approach to our Customer Support function, driven by a motivation to achieve consistency and quality across all our processes
- Lead the Customer Support function; providing vision and direction for the department and building out a roadmap from current stage to long term success.
- Take responsibility for the organisational structure of the department and it’s design for the company’s growth.
- Build out and scale a team; focusing on recruitment, refinement of training materials and processes, optimisation of resource management through seasonal peaks and troughs.
- Lead a team from the front - motivating them to achieve both theirs and Trouva’s potential.
- Develop KPIs and performance metrics to drive efficiency gains in the function, whilst scaling Quality Assurance checks and maintain a 6* customer experience throughout.
- Use data driven decision making processes, looking at different metrics and reports to focus process optimisation efforts and improve team performance.
- Gain an understanding of the day to day operational challenges faced by Trouva, and get stuck in with the team during busy and demanding periods.
- Take ownership of customer communication and messaging as part of the Operations function, using it as a tool to educate and inform.
- Navigate new challenges along Trouva’s journey; multiple location teams, multiple language boutique and customer locations
Who you are:
- Previous experience in building and managing teams is essential to the role. You must understand how to motivate and inspire a large team, having strong experience in the recruitment, guidance and development of team members.
- Previous in depth experience in customer facing roles is essential - with working knowledge of Zendesk.
- Motivated by Process Improvement and optimization to improve the Customer experience
- Proven abilities to use technology to improve and optimize process.
- Be comfortable using data to guide commercial decision making processes
- Able to communicate effectively and execute recommendations for change.
- A unique ability to forge strong relationships across teams.
- The ability to coordinate complex projects across teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and can navigate obstacles in a thoughtful, effective and efficient manner.
- Professional, reliable and flexible, able to stay calm under pressure.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk