Senior Data Engineer
We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got the trophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We're proud to be an award winning company building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, which handles inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics; offering an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!).
As a result of our efforts, we've been recognised as one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5), and have been backed by VC and Angel Investors whose successes include Secret Escapes, Net-A-Porter, and Farfetch (BGF Ventures, Octopus Investments, Index Ventures & LocalGlobe). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
The company is growing rapidly - we now have offices in London and Lisbon, and an ever expanding community of boutiques across London, Berlin, Paris and Copenhagen. As a result, we’re constantly on the hunt to find exceptional talent, who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What you'll do
Data is a newly formed function so as a senior data engineer you'll actively take part in defining and building our stack. You will be responsible for setting up new ETL processes, help iterate over the existing architecture all the way to exposing APIs so that the rest of the business can consume our data and discover actionable insights.
We are currently building up our architecture and aim to combine all data sources under our Data Warehouse. You will get to experience the opportunities and challenges of working with data streams that originate from different sources, the standardisation process and the automation triggers that are required to keep the data clean.
Who you are
- You'll have 3-5 years of experience working on the data layer of fast growth businesses. You should be able to discuss the challenges you've faced and display an understanding of the various complexities data brings with it and how different solutions can apply to them
- You should have a strong experience in setting up ETL processes from scratch using Python.
- You should have strong SQL skills in a relational database setup along with the ability to analyse data to produce actionable insights.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or other relational database system.
- Any database monitoring and performance tuning experience is a big bonus.
- Experience with AWS.
- Any Data Science experience is also a bonus.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We provide our Product team with MacBooks and noise cancelling Bose headphones, as well as any additional extras you might need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.